Have you ever tried to figure out the real names of your favourite Nigerian celebrities? Don’t worry, we gotchu!
We know how they like to come up with weird aliases (aka stage names) which have a way of sticking in your brain. So here you go..
1. Tekno – Augustine Miles Kelechi
2. Ycee – Oludemilade Martin Alejo
The Tinny Entertainment singer “busted” our speakers in 2015 with his hit track Jagaban.
3. Mr Eazi – Oluwatosin Oluwole Ajibade
The Nigerian-born Ghanian based artist signed on to Wizkid’s label actively came into the scene in 2016 with a track currently enjoying massive airplay ‘Anointing’ ft Sarkodie.
4. Patoranking – Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie
Who knew Patoranking was an ibo boy?
5. Kiss Daniel – Anidugbe Oluwatobiloba Daniel
The baby-faced artist signed onto G-Worldwide Entertainment had us dancing to “Woju” in early 2016. His new track “Mama” is about the new wedding theme song.
6. Falz- Folarin Falana
The lawyer turned rapper/actor and comedian is without doubt one of the hottest artistes in Africa right now
7. Phyno – Azubuike Chibuzo Nelson
He came into the scenes in 2014 with “Alobam” and that changed the game for Hip Hop in Eastern Nigeria.
8. Rekado Banks – Ayoleyi Hanniel Solomon
9. Selebobo – Oku Udoka Chigozie
10. Lil Kesh – Keshinro Ololade
He’s about the second person on the list who coined a stage name from his real name. Dope!