A wooden boat carrying 166 people from Southeastern Nigeria capsized about 40 nautical miles off the coast, with only two known survivors, the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) said on Tuesday.
The boat left on Friday from the remote town of Oron, in Cross River state and was heading to Gabon. David Akate, head of NEMA in Cross River, confirmed the incident.
Check Out More Related Posts
- Gunmen kill 50 in fresh attack in Taraba
- Robbers Rob Residents on 8 Lagos Streets @Mushin, Destroy 30 cars in 7-hr rampage
- Pastor Kumuyi collapses inside Deeper Life Camp during Easter Retreat
- President Jonathan Reunites With Obasanjo, Rotimi Amaechi At Daughter’s Wedding
- Why Some Facebook Marriages Don’t Last – Pastor Enoch Adeboye
- Malaysian Airline’s black box reportedly found from Ill fated Flight MH370
- Mob sets suspected female child kidnapper ablaze in illorin
- BBC picks the news of @Ciaxon’s disappearance #FreeCiaxon
- Gumsu Abacha rants on twitter as her brother is charged with stealing N446bn
- Is This Really What ‘University Of Abuja’ Students Are Facing??? [PHOTO]