The accident which occurred around 6:15 this morning around St. Johns Bus stop, was caused by a Conoil tanker carrying diesel. According to eye witnesses, the tanker was coming down the hill from Garrison when its content suddenly started gushing out, filling up the road, causing it to be slippery. The tanker was on the speed-lane, thus incoming cars on high speed lost control and their brakes failed, as the road was said to be very slippery.
Members of the TIMA RIV and the Rivers state fire service took control of the situation as soon as it happened. About 8 vehicles were involved in the accident. Injured motorists were rushed to the hospital, but no death was reported.
Check Out More Related Posts
- Gunmen kill 50 in fresh attack in Taraba
- Robbers Rob Residents on 8 Lagos Streets @Mushin, Destroy 30 cars in 7-hr rampage
- President Jonathan Reunites With Obasanjo, Rotimi Amaechi At Daughter’s Wedding
- Mob sets suspected female child kidnapper ablaze in illorin
- BBC picks the news of @Ciaxon’s disappearance #FreeCiaxon
- Gumsu Abacha rants on twitter as her brother is charged with stealing N446bn
- Is This Really What ‘University Of Abuja’ Students Are Facing??? [PHOTO]
- Google Nigeria’s top searches for March: ‘How to hack’, ‘how to twerk’, ‘how to love’ make the list
- Aluu 4: Mob overwhelmed police team – Accused
- 17 year old Nigerian ‘thug’ with a 5.0 GPA & has been accepted into 3 Ivy League schools